13 September 2006

Finding My Faith Part 3

A big part of the reason that we left the Baptist church is due to my discovery of the origin of dispensationalism and Rapture theology. This, too, shook my foundation. Up until that time, I called myself a Pre-millenial Charismatic Orthodox Christian, if one wishes for a label. I also had developed a better understanding of Roman Catholicism, and was tired of hearing the bashing based on misconceptions about RC doctrine and practice. Snide comments about "wearing their shirt backwards" or "wearing dresses" just didn't sit well with me.

Right now I am dipping a toe in the Tiber, really looking deeply into the Roman Catholic Church. I don't see myself converting unless I get a better response to my "insurmountables," those teachings which I cannot accept based on Scripture. I have come a long way in changing my own beliefs about the Sacraments, (yes, there are seven!) liturgical worship, and the role of Mary and the Saints in our lives today.

I'm reading The Prayer of Mary, an in-depth look at the Fiat and the Magnificat. In it he says that "God is waiting for us to believe that He can do the impossible."

Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home